Job Openings at Raymond Plumbing
HVAC Lead Installation Technician
The HVAC Lead Installer plays an important role in our company. The successful candidate will be responsible for installing and overseeing the installation of new and replacement heating, air conditioning and duct systems and components in residential or light commercial settings.
- Minimum of 2 plus years of experience in a lead position for installation of residential HVAC systems and equipment
- Ability to lead/manage one or more helpers during projects so that their time is utilized effectively and their work is of good quality
- Duct system component fabrication (plenums) and installation experience
- Any in-field HVAC service experience with diagnostic skills is an additional plus
- Must possess good writing, communication, listening, and diplomacy skills and be able to communicate effectively with management, team members and customers
- Valid drivers license, clean driving record, and ability to pass a background check and drug screen
- Willingness to learn additional skills thru internal and external training and development
- A solid complement of hand tool
- EPA Certification for refrigerant
- NATE, BPI, NCI or other industry certifications or training is a plus.
HVAC Service Technician (Residential)
Responsible for diagnoses, service, and repair of comfort systems, including: furnaces, air conditioners, geothermal and electric heat pumps, and water and steam boilers.
- Uses a variety of hand tools, wiring diagrams, to diagnose, and repair HVAC equipment
- Uses power tools, Windows computers, smart phones and tablets
- Identifies, analyzes, diagnoses and repairs instruments and products at a customer’s location.
- Performs preventative maintenance, site surveys, repairs, and modifications as needed or requested by customers.
- Maintains tools and equipment.
- Documents work by completing electronic work orders.
- Represents company by serving as a direct customer contact.
- Determines parts to order for repairs and timeliness of need.
- Keeps current on all installed products concerning installation, operation, maintenance, service, and repair.
- Provides technical support to customers.
- Work in rotation with other technicians to cover a 24/7 service department schedule.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, detail oriented and entrepreneurial in nature.
- Detail oriented with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to follow directions and specific process steps to ensure quality workmanship.
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation.
- Strong working knowledge of customer service principles and practices. Customer relationship-development and client retention experience.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to interact effectively face to face.
- EPA certification for refrigerant
- NATE certification a plus
If either job position interests you, please complete the forms below and send your resume, cover letter and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. When emailing, please include your first and last name in the subject line (i.e. John Jones – Resume and Cover Letter for Mid-Level Service Technician Position).