Before You Call for Air Conditioner Repair Service...
If your air conditioner is not working properly, check these points before you call for service:
- Make sure the electrical power is on. Check circuit breakers or fuses for both indoor and outdoor units at the main panel and at each unit
- Check to see that air flow is not restricted. Indoors: check grills, registers, and filter. Outdoors: check coil and see that the fan is running
- Check your thermostat settings
- Look at the outside refrigerant piping for ice build-up. This can indicate a dirty filter or a dirty coil
Call a Service Technician If:
- You hear new, unusual noises.
- The air conditioner is short-cycling (turning on and off rapidly) and not cooling properly.
- The breaker continues to trip.
*If further assistance is needed, please fill out our form to schedule service.